Installation help

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
jtees4

Installation help

Post by jtees4 »

I read every post on here about this...but I can't get it to work. I followed the great step by step instructions too.
I downloaded EasyMod4.
I set up the folder as described in my phpbb2 admin folder....no problem with the ftp. Folder is there after transfer.
I go to my forum and sign in as admin.
I use the instructions try to go to the set up page for easymod. I get a copy garbled copy of my web page (I can't tell if it is the forum page or another page), but it is pointing to the forum page in the url.
Can't get past that.
Don't have a clue, and yes I am new to this.
Thanks for any help. :|

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Installation help

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

jtees4 wrote:I read every post on here about this...but I can't get it to work. I followed the great step by step instructions too.
I downloaded EasyMod4.
I set up the folder as described in my phpbb2 admin folder....no problem with the ftp. Folder is there after transfer.
I use the instructions try to go to the set up page for easymod. I get a copy garbled copy of my web page (I can't tell if it is the forum page or another page), but it is pointing to the forum page in the url.
Can't get past that.
did you ever get this figured out?

robert

jtees4

Re: Installation help

Post by jtees4 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
jtees4 wrote:I read every post on here about this...but I can't get it to work. I followed the great step by step instructions too.
I downloaded EasyMod4.
Can't get past that.
did you ever get this figured out?

robert

Yes I did, I forget I posted this here...I should have reported back. Unfortunately, I don't know how it was fixed...my internet guy did something, but he did say it had to do with the way he set things up. It had to do with the forum being embedded into my other web pages, he had to make some changes on his end. I was doing it correctly according to him. Thanks for asking!