extension.inc error - phpBB 2.0.23

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
fabrice

extension.inc error - phpBB 2.0.23

Post by fabrice »

Hi:

I read all entries about this same problem... No answer for me. Still having trouble. I am trying to install easyMod on phpBB 2.0.23. I double checked folder location and existence of estension.inc. All are OK.

Warning: require() [function.require]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(../../../extension.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (../.;d:\www\php\htdocs\tmp) in d:\www\fabriceSite.com\htdocs\Center\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_install.php on line 33
Warning: require(../../../extension.inc) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in d:\www\fabriceSite.com\htdocs\Center\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_install.php on line 33
Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../../extension.inc' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in d:\www\fabriceSite.com\htdocs\Center\forums\admin\mods\easymod\easymod_install.php on line 33

Any idea of what I should do next?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: extension.inc error - phpBB 2.0.23

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

your host has the open_basedir restriction turned on. easymod and many other scripts will not work properly as long as that is in effect.

ask your host about this and how to overcome it.

robert