Which files must be CHMOD?

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
wittykitty

Which files must be CHMOD?

Post by wittykitty »

I've just made an incredible hash of what is probably the easiest program in the world to install. It seems to be my CHMOD settings as the installation is stuggling to move the necessary files. What files must I CHMOD for easymod to install?? (I automatically do them all to 777 so there can be no mistake).

Realisty

Re: Which files must be CHMOD?

Post by Realisty »

wittykitty

Post by wittykitty »

Hello,

I did read the readme, and it just says all php files, does that mean every single php script in the forum? If this is the case, is there a way I can CHMOD them all quickly, as it would take ages to go through every single folder and subfolder.

Your help is really appreciated, thank you.

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

If you use a good ftp program then you can tell it to chmod folders and files at the same time

wittykitty

Post by wittykitty »

Okay, went through them all, and after being told post process couldn't be accessed, I realised I forgot to CHMOD the easymod folder itself, as well as everything else, duh!

All done, has installed and picked up the mods I have ready for processing.

Thanks so much for putting up with me, your help has been invaluble, thank you xx

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

your welcome ... glad i could be some help ;)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

first, nothing in the instructions tell you to set any of the files to 777.
it says to make sure that you have write access to your phpbb files ( 755 )

anyway, now that you have changed them, you need to change them back to what they are supposed to be for security reasons.

in phpbb ( including easymod ) , all folders should be set to 755 and ALL files should be set to 644.

the only exceptions to this are:
1. the avatars folder should be set to 777 if you allow avatar uploads.
2. if you are using the cache, the cache folder should be set to 777

personally, I have never had to change any file permissions when installing EM ( several hundred installations on many different hosts, etc. )

robert