Help please... FastCGI timeout on step 1 of install

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
mikehalsey

Help please... FastCGI timeout on step 1 of install

Post by mikehalsey »

Hi. I'm having trouble installing the latest easy mod beta 0.4.0.

I have uploaded the files to the correct area on my site using ftp. Successfully run the easymod_install.php page and have the install page up and running whilst logged into my board as a Board Admin.

I have green 'ok's' against all options for read/write etc and 'off' showing against 'safe mode' on the first page of the install.

I enter all my ftp details and click 'submit'. This takes me to page 2 of step 1 asking me to set an easymod password.

I enter the password in both boxes, click submit and after a minute get a fastcgi time-out error. If I click the 'display debug info' button I get the same time-out error.

Not sure how to get around this but if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Mike

PS - I am running phpbb2.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Help please... FastCGI timeout on step 1 of install

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

normally, fastcgi should not have anything to do with this.

contact your host and ask them about this, they may have php installed in such a way that it is causing this problem.

robert