Easy MOD confusions

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
SirGuy

Easy MOD confusions

Post by SirGuy »

Hi,

I am not much experienced about computers and I am having hard time in understanding the install text. I try to understand it but I can't so I decided to register an account here and ask for help.

I already downloaded the EasyMOD.

I am confused in where to extract it. I dont know what you guys are talking about. Especially the admin/mods folder. How do I create it? Where do I get it? Please help.

SirGuy

Re: Easy MOD confusions

Post by SirGuy »

Please, if somebody can post an instruction for those folks that have no background in programming. If someone could just explain the steps in a very detailed manner that a normal person would understand, I would appreciate it.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Easy MOD confusions

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

do you have your own domain name and hosting account?
if not, then you can not do this at all.

If you are using one of the free phpbb hosting companies, then you can not do this.

now, if you do have your own hosting account and you have phpbb installed on it, then you can proceed.

you will need a ftp program and a good text editor.

first you unzip the easymod zip file to your computer somewhere, make note of where it is.

1. using your ftp program, connect to your server.
2. find the phpbb admin folder
3. inside that admin folder, right click and choose to create a new folder, name it mods ( exactly like that).
4. in your ftp program, you should see a list of all the files on your computer, find the easymod folder you unzipped
5. upload that complete easymod folder into the new mods folder you just created on the server
6. in your browser, go to:
yourdomain.com/yourphpbb/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php
7. follow the instructions you find there ( you will need your ftp username/password )
8. you are done
9. now, you will find a new section in your phpbb admin panel for MODs.
10. upload whatever MOD you want to install to the mods folder, then in your admin panel, install it.

luck,
robert