em_functions.php

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Mawrun

em_functions.php

Post by Mawrun »

EM installer v0.4.0 wrote: EM status: New Install
phpBB version: 2.0.23
Working Dir: /hsphere/local/home/guitarissimo/laid-back.guitarissimo.se/forum/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 4
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[3]->modio_move[3]

FTP ERROR: could not move file [admin/mods/easymod/em_includes/em_functions.php] to [em_functions.php]
Safe Mode is active on my web host, if that would have anything to do with this.

Any suggestions?

Mawrun

Re: em_functions.php

Post by Mawrun »

Figured it out, it was a permission problem. As Easymod installation creates files and folders, it doesn't by default change the permissions on them to be writeable. Also, since the owner of these new files and folder is not me, I can't change permissions on them without downloading them and then uploading them and thus making me the owner. So, Easymod problem was solved, but if anyone have any tips on how to get around this problem

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: em_functions.php

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

why aren't you the "owner" of these folders?

you (easymod) have to have "owner" type access in order to even install easymod.

is this something strange about the way hsphere works?

robert