Error 500: Script Execution Failure

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
kolxoznik1

Error 500: Script Execution Failure

Post by kolxoznik1 »

I am new member here , so I try to install Easymod ... and I want to see how it works because it is too hard manually make (change ) file when update any mod :|

so I downloaded , did install .. everything goes well (in install Easy mod write we that everything done and there were no errors ) When everything was done I log in to my admin panel and saw MOD Center and three menu : Install MODs / EasyMOD History / EasyMOD Settings and when I push to any of this menu I get this one :

I am sorry for my English . I know it isn't so good but I suppouse you'll understand me and will help

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Error 500: Script Execution Failure

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

kolxoznik1 wrote:I am new member here , so I try to install Easymod ... and I want to see how it works because it is too hard manually make (change ) file when update any mod :|

so I downloaded , did install .. everything goes well (in install Easy mod write we that everything done and there were no errors ) When everything was done I log in to my admin panel and saw MOD Center and three menu : Install MODs / EasyMOD History / EasyMOD Settings and when I push to any of this menu I get this one :

I am sorry for my English . I know it isn't so good but I suppouse you'll understand me and will help
how did you upload the scripts? the error messages tells you what the most likely reasons are for the error.

if you used anything but a real ftp program , then that is your problem.
you must only use ftp and that ftp must upload all the files in ascii ( usually default for ftp programs) except for images which should go in binary.

If you opened any of the files in anything but a real text editor, then you have possibly corrupted them.

only use a real text edtior like notepad or wordpad or editpad lite, etc. to open/edit any of the files.

roberrt

kolxoznik1

Post by kolxoznik1 »

Thank you roberrt for your answer !

I use CuteFTP 8 Professional and I think it is good ftp programm What I did , I upload all the files (copy / paste) and then run in ny browser http://myweb/instal/install.php and it says me that everything dome well then I go to admin panel everything alos go well but when I try to click on easymod buttons in admin menu I get the error (picture in a first screen)

I am sorry for so stupid quaestion but how can I select or see in which format FTP save ( I mean where I can see ascii or other formats) ?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

cuteftp is fine for a ftp program.

that error is usually because your files are corrupted for some reason. usually because the ftp program was not set to ascii or because you opened them in something like dreamweaver or whatever.

in your ftp program in the options or settings or whatever, it will have a place to set how the program handles certain types of files.

you want it set so that it uploads all text files in ascii.

text files:

php
tpl
cgi
css
cfg
txt
html
htm

make sure all those file types are listed as ascii types.

robert