Trouble Reinstalling EasyMod on Local Installation

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
itsmanbearpig

Trouble Reinstalling EasyMod on Local Installation

Post by itsmanbearpig »

Hi,

I installed my board on my local machine to do some testing before applying the changes on my domain. I brought down a replica of all my files and my database. I upgraded from 2.0.19 to 2.0.22 and then needed to reinstall the couple mods i had. I deleted the phpbb_em tables and em_* entries from my config table, and then tried to reinstall easyMod. But every time in Step1 where I select my FTP setting, and hit submit, it takes me to the board login screen. I enter in my username and password, and it takes me right back to Step1, and then it just keeps repeating. Any thoughts?

itsmanbearpig

Re: Trouble Reinstalling EasyMod on Local Installation

Post by itsmanbearpig »

Looks like it was a cookie issue. Got that fixed, and can now get past step 1 of the install, but i'm getting an error in Step 4. Trying to figure this one out now.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Trouble Reinstalling EasyMod on Local Installation

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I have found that quite often when a step fails, you can simply click on the rescan button and it will work.

robert