Changed to new db, EM password now fails

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Skitz00

Changed to new db, EM password now fails

Post by Skitz00 »

Hello.
Love EasyMod, thank you. Installed my first (RAC) mod with it yesterday. (phpBB v2.0.22)

I am new to this so it took me a while to figure out how to configure EM properly. My Web host did not work with all the defaults.

Today I moved my board to a new database, got it working OK, but my EasyMod password no longer works so I can't get in to change the db/server settings. I need advice on best way to fix.

I can switch my phpBB config.php back to the old one easily enough. Once back where I was perhaps I could get back into EM and change the db/server settings. Would that work or is there a simpler way to fix this?

JK

PS, Oh yeah, I also used cookieMod to update my script/cookie paths since installing EasyMod. Could that be what did it? The actual directories that things were installed in have not changed though.

Skitz00

Re: Changed to new db, EM password now fails

Post by Skitz00 »

Ah haaaa !

I found the instructions for repairing an EasyMod password and followed them. When I did the SQL for the EM password it came up with nothing. Then, finally, dawn broke over Marblehead.

This is muddled but the backup version of the database I am using is not the same database backup that was in place when I first installed EasyMod. In other words, while phpBB has EasyMod installed and working fine my database never heard of it before :oops:

Now, I currently have 3 installs of phpBB:
1- Original host-installed version that I am in process of replacing. This version can not be modified, files are locked solid, CHMOD will not work. The database is locked out too, no phpMyAdmin access to it. I am unable to install mods (and RACmod I really need) thus the need to change.

2- A new, full install with normal files that CAN be modified. (now sharing the orig. db with install #1)
3- A trial horse install, the one I am experimenting with now. (with a pre-EM db backup)

So, I will guess the solution is to do a new db backup of install #2 (in which EM is working fine) and then "restore" it to the new database that install #3 is using. There would then be an EM password installed. Sound OK?

The eventual goal is to switch install #2 over to the NEW database once I am sure this will work (thus the experimental install) after which I can delete the original host-installed version which will also vaporize the original database.

The other option I suppose would be to do a re-install of EasyMod.

Any advice will be happily accepted.

UPDATE !

Got bored and tried something. I made a current database backup and restored it to the trial-horse installation.
The EasyMod password now works as I hoped but there is a new problem.
When I click on "EasyMOD History" I get this debug message:

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'db*******.******phpbb_easymod_processed_files' doesn't exist (asterisks added here by me)

Does that mean there was an easymod Table_ but that phpBB did not include it in the backup?
And would that mean I need to do the EasyMOD re-install?