Critical Error when installing Easy Mod

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
The_Magus

Critical Error when installing Easy Mod

Post by The_Magus »

Good Morning:

I have followed the instructions - downloaded easymod, extracted to Forum folder at which time I noticed that the installation instruction said to install in the "admin" folder. My forum folder does not have this folder so I extracted the files into the "adm" folder, uploaded and followed the instrctions to access the install.php file and got an critical error message stating "CRITICAL ERROR: the file 'extension.inc' could not be found. Please, make sure EasyMOD has been uploaded under the admin/mods/easymod/ directory of your phpBB installation."

Assuming that there had been an error I created a folder named "admin" and extracted the files into this folder and uploaded the easymod files to this folder.

However this has not corrected the problem.

I would clarification as to what the name of the folder into which easymod should be installed - is it adm or admin - if it is admin I think the installation instructions should be changed as this is confusing plus it does not work.

Cheers

Jack
Last edited by stickerboy on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from EM Discussion

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Critical Error when installing Easy Mod

Post by Kevin Clark »

You're using phpBB3.
EasyMOD is for phpBB2.

2x has /admin
3x has /adm