Problem with Installing

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
carsonk

Problem with Installing

Post by carsonk »

When I direct my browser to http://www.thenintendogamers.com/admin/ ... nstall.php, I get...

Code: Select all

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thenintendogamers.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at thenintendogamers.com Port 80

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Problem with Installing

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

carsonk wrote:When I direct my browser to http://www.thenintendogamers.com/admin/ ... nstall.php, I get...

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thenintendogamers.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at thenintendogamers.com Port 80
that is a server error and you should do exactly what it tells you to do.

contact your host about it.

robert

maister_purr

Post by maister_purr »

I am having the exact same error when I try installing EasyMOD. I have full Cpanel access for my hosting, so I wonder if anyone could help me resolve this issue myself, rather than having to ask my friend, who I share the hosting with.

[2007-11-16 03:15:10]: error: file is writable by others: (/home/ghostwx/public_html/purrezi/forum/admin/mods/easymod/easymod_install.php)
is what shows up in the Cpanel error log.

maister_purr

Post by maister_purr »

Never mind... fixed my own problem. Took awhile, but I found out I had to modify the permissions to get rid of the error. It works now! :D