Basics on Re-installing

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
Atari@Hankoupocho

Basics on Re-installing

Post by Atari@Hankoupocho »

Side Note: Ok ok now I know you guys have had this question answered at least a dozen times and I apologize for having you reiterate yourselves however I feel that my situation might be a little bit different from the others (correct me if I am wrong)

Okay here goes:

Problem: I used to have EM and had to clean out my board so that was gone, I downloaded the easymod stuff from the link you provided, then unzipped it, then "re-uploaded" it days ago now (months after the site shut down originally due to a clean out) I have forgotten the entire process of installing it again (my url says it's already installed so I assume it needs to be reinstalled). I need a little bit of a walk through on how to go about this.

What I have discovered: That by reading some of the forums I need to use "Version Changer by GDsomeoneimportant" in order to get the reinstalling successful which in turn will trick the system into thinking that it's an update. The problem with that *which is the specific questions* is that:
1. Where is a valid link for the Version Changer because all of the other previous ones were invalid?
2. When I download Version Changer what .txt file do I need to use it to edit it with? or rather what do I need to do with it in order to change the version of easymod?
3. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Something for you guys to go on.....*below*

*quick note* my em_includes is within my easymod folder*

The main quote below is what is on this url: http://www.legendsofhyrule.abydosgaters ... nstall.php
Step 1 (gathering settings): Welcome to the EasyMOD installer. EasyMOD will try to guide you every step of the way. First, we need to know a little about your server.

Error

Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) here.

Expanded Debug Info
(formatted for forum posting)
EM installer v0.3.0 wrote: Update EM from: 0.3.0
phpBB version: 2.0.22
Working Dir: /home/stargate/public_html/legendsofhyrule/admin/mods/easymod
Install Step: 1
Mode:

The Error wrote: Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

If you are trying to reinstall this version, change the EM version number from the Admin Control Panel under EasyMOD Settings. Or you could also use the EM Version Changer (by GPHemsley) here.

Permissions: (including system errors)

read access :: OK
write access :: No
root path write :: No
chmod access :: unattempted
unlink access :: unattempted
mkdir access :: unattempted
tmp path write :: OK
FTP extension :: OK
Safe Mode :: OFF
copy access :: OK

Additional System Information:

System: Linux beta.gteinterlink.com 2.6.9-55.0.6.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Sep 4 21:36:00 EDT 2007 i686
Configure Command: './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--enable-exif' '--with-swf=/usr/local/flash' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2004g' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--with-pspell' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-zip' '--with-zlib'
PHP version: 5.1.6
register_globals: OFF
magic_quotes_gpc: ON
magic_quotes_runtime: OFF
allow_url_fopen: ON
sockets_support: enabled

Recommendations:
write: buffer & ftp
move: automated FTP

Selected settings:
write:
move:
ftp dir: /
ftp host: localhost
ftp port: 21
ftp debug: false
ftp ext: fsock
ftp cache: false
[/color]
CWD Listing:

Code: Select all

drwxr-xr-x . 
drwxr-xr-x .. 
-rw-r--r-- easymod_display_functions.php 
drwxr-xr-x includes 
drwxr-xr-x languages 
drwxr-xr-x templates 
-rw-r--r-- easymod.gif 
drwxr-xr-x em_includes 
-rw-r--r-- easymod_install.php 

Not testing FTP since it is not being used.

~ If you would so help us with the babysteps we would appreciate it.

~Thanks :)
From the Admins@Hankoupocho~

Realisty

Re: Basics on Re-installing

Post by Realisty »

Look here for the version changer viewtopic.php?p=92295#p92295 ;)

Atari@Hankoupocho

Okay I got the product, unzipped it and dunno what to do now...
Simply upload it and then what? Will it automatically edit the errors on my phpBB?

So this .zip product will automatically change my easymod version?

And if so do I simply input it on my easymod folder on my ftp area?

Not quite sure what the steps are after that is all I'm saying really...

if you could give me some idea I would surely appreciate it.

~Thanks :)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

all you have to do is follow the instructions in your first error.

go to your admin panel, go to easymod settings.

in there is a place to change the version number.

change it to 2.0 or something less than 3.0

then install again.

robert

Atari@Hankoupocho

Problem is that i can't actually go to my easymod settings on my admin panel because it doesnt' show...that's the actual reason why I'm posting here as to how to reinstall it.

So is it necessary to have easymod on your admin panel before moving on?

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

The instructions of how to use the version changer are in the zip file.
I copied these from the readme:

Directions:

1. Download the EM_Version_Changer_1-3.zip file (which you appear to have already done).
2. Unzip the archive (which you also appear to have already done).
3. Upload the admin_emversionchanger.php file into the admin/ folder of your phpBB root directory (e.g. phpBB2/admin/).
4. Upload the mod_emversionchanger.tpl file into the admin/ folder of your phpBB template (e.g. phpBB2/templates/subSilver/admin/).
5. You can access the page from the Admin Panel. It will be right above the other 3 EasyMOD links in the side navigation panel.

Enjoy!

Atari@Hankoupocho

Perfect I got all that good stuff down. The only problem is that when I reach the 2nd step it gives me four choices * I choose ftp choice since I can edit my ftp and such* then it asks for ftp directory, login, password, server, and port.

ftp directory: ???????
loginok
passwordok
local host was said to be fine for the server
port 21isok

now I don't know what the ftp directory would be I tried dozens of variations for http://www.legendsofhyrule.abydosgaters.com But I don't get access to step 3.....the closest I get is setting the easymod password and then I get denied....

would any of you know what persei' the ftp directory should be?

~thanks for the help

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

The ftp dir is where your phpbb board is installed ..... for example public_html/phpbb

Atari@Hankoupocho

Never mind...I found out what I did wrong..

For you folks out there who want to know what I have done

simply look at your original folder name. *the one you can view*
mine was simply referred to as "/" so I put "/" as a desperate attempt and it works.

Thanks Realisty and Lumpy for all your help. ^_^

I'll be sure to return if there is anything else.
Realisty wrote:The ftp dir is where your phpbb board is installed ..... for example public_html/phpbb
xD. So I've heard, however my long winded question is actually...

"What would my particular ftp dir would be called?"

the url is http://www.legendsofhyrule.abydosgaters.com

abydosgaters is the hoster... and legendsofhyrule is the index/phbbb's name.

this is what the response was
Installing EasyMOD beta (0.3.0)

Step 2 (of 5): EasyMOD is now confirming your file access settings.

Testing selected write method
Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to abydosgaters_html/phpbb2
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

FTP root directory:
/

Directory listing: your FTP Path should start with one of the directories listed below
FTP Error: A file listing could not be obtained. This usually indicates solution 4 listed above.

Last edited by Atari@Hankoupocho on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

Glad i could be of some help :)