Install Help.

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
RANT

Re: Install Help.

Post by RANT »

Testing FTP access...
1) Logged in successfully

FTP ERROR: could not cd to siteground169.com
You successfully logged into the server, but could not change direcory (CD) to the easymod directory. The following is recommended:

Important: It appears you are including a domain name in the FTP Path setting. For most servers this is incorrect. Try reentering the FTP Path setting without the domain name included.
Are you sure you entered the correct path? Below is a directory listing of the files in the FTP root directory. The FTP root directory is simply the starting point when you connect. The path to the phpBB2 installation should begin with one of the directory names listed below.
Directory names are case sensitive. Be sure the easymod directory is all lowercase.
In some *very rare* cases it's possible that you are not connecting to the proper FTP Server. Try specifying the hostname in the FTP Server field and the port in the FTP Port field.
Some servers have issues with the passive mode that EasyMOD attempts to use by default. If you have the PHP FTP extension loaded, then enable that option in step 1.

siteground169.com thats what i entered for FTP path to phpBB2

RANT

Post by RANT »

what would i enter for path to phpbb2? i dont go into that folder to access anything.. i got to the folder http://www... so would it be /www?

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Just use / for the path to your board. You should also see a Rescan button at the bottom that you can press and allow EM to determine the correct settings for you...

Rescan Option

Ok, do you see a rescan option at the bottom of this page? If so, click on it. Hopefully on the next page, you will be given the Automcatic Detection option. If so, go with it...

RANT

Post by RANT »

Testing selected write method
Write access method confirmed!
The modified files will be written on the server.

Testing selected move method
Move access method confirmed!
The core phpBB files will automatically be replaced by modified files using the copy function

Thanks everyone for your help!

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Congratulations RANT!!! Image

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, don't be shy about asking for assistance. If I can, I will be more than happy to help you...