Problem reinstalling EasyMod

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
shaanpk

Problem reinstalling EasyMod

Post by shaanpk »

Hi,

Ive just moved my forum to a new host and have restored the old database. But now Im having problems reinstalling EasyMod. I get this error "Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation."

Ive also deleted the two easyMod tables from my database. What else do I need to do?

Thank you!

shaanpk

Re: Problem reinstalling EasyMod

Post by shaanpk »

Thanks! I've figured it out myself.

angsikod

Post by angsikod »

Hi

I am facing the same problem today. How do you do it? Can you advise me?

Chew Hoe

kindercube

Post by kindercube »

I've also got the same problem after completely reinstalling my forum. I even deleted the easymod files in the database . Now when I try to install a clean version of EasyMod I keep getting the Critical Error: 'This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.'

As there aren’t any previous EasyMod files on my web sites server, how do I get a solution to this problem?

By the way, I did check all the folder and file permissions and they are set as Folder-755 and Files-644.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

EM Version Change

Before you can reinstall EM, you need to decrease the EM version number stored in your phpbb_config table...
  • EM Version Change Option 1

I created this DB Update file that you can run from your browser. Download and unzip the following file, then upload it to your phpBB root and run it from your browser:

em_db_decrease_version.zip

The path to the unzipped file might look something like this in your browser:

Code: Select all

http://yourdomain.com/forum/em_db_decrease_version.php
  • EM Version Change Option 2

If you already had EM 0.3.0 installed, then you will need to change the EM Version back so that the install will think that this is an Upgrade. You can use this tool to change your EM Version so that you can reinstall EM on your board:

EM_Version_Changer

Once the EM Version Changer is installed, set the EM version to 0.1.13 or 0.2.0...
  • EM Version Change (Manual Option 3)

If you want to manually change the EM version, you can do so in your phpbb_config table. Just look for the record beginning with EM_version. Then you can change the related field to 0.1.13. You could also delete all the records in the phpbb_config table that begin with EM_ and delete the phpbb_easymod table too to have the new install recreate everything...

Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

HELLO

I installed the easymod change version tool but it dint work i think all i need to do is to fix this

General Error
Could not obtain EasyMod information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'x.x.phpbb_easymod_processed_files' doesn't exist

SELECT DISTINCT mod_processed_file FROM phpbb_easymod_processed_files

Line : 1083
File : admin_easymod.php

can someone please give me the tables.

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

It sounds like you didn't complete the EM install. The easiest way to do this is to go ahead and "reinstall" EM. If you want to manually create the EM tables, you can use these SQL queries:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ SQL ]-------------------------------------------------
#
CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod(
	mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL auto_increment,
	mod_title varchar(255),
	mod_file varchar(255),
	mod_version varchar(15),
	mod_author_handle varchar(25),
	mod_author_email varchar(100),
	mod_author_name varchar(100),
	mod_author_url varchar(100),
	mod_description text,
	mod_process_date int(11),
	mod_phpBB_version varchar(15),
	mod_processed_themes varchar(200),
	mod_processed_langs varchar(200),
	mod_files_edited mediumint(8),
	mod_tables_added mediumint(8),
	mod_tables_altered mediumint(8),
	mod_rows_inserted mediumint(8), 
	PRIMARY KEY (mod_id)
);

CREATE TABLE phpbb_easymod_processed_files (
  mod_processed_file varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  mod_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  KEY mod_processed_file (mod_processed_file),
  KEY mod_id (mod_id)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

INSERT INTO phpbb_easymod (mod_id, mod_title, mod_file, mod_version, mod_author_handle, mod_author_email, mod_author_name, mod_author_url, mod_description, mod_process_date, mod_phpBB_version, mod_processed_themes, mod_processed_langs, mod_files_edited, mod_tables_added, mod_tables_altered, mod_rows_inserted) VALUES (1, 'EasyMOD', 'easymod/easymod_install.php', '0.3.0', 'Nuttzy', 'pktoolkit@blizzhackers.com', 'n/a', 'http://www.blizzhackers.com', 'EasyMOD automatically perfoms in seconds which previously required the tedious task of manually editing files.', 1096879226, '2.0.21', 'subSilver', 'english', 0, 1, 0, 1);

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_cache', '0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_dir', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_host', 'localhost');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_pass', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_port', '21');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_type', 'ext');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_ftp_user', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_move', 'ftpa');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_password', 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_read', 'server');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_version', '0.3.0');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('EM_write', 'ftpb');

Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

Thankx alot for the reply dude.

I had it installed sucessfully first time yes, but the site went down and i used the back up to get back online but now i have this error.

i tried to add tha table again and got message already installed.

edit - roll back the version and reinstall the mod then dlete the old version

FIXED

Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

Congratulations Sphinx!!! Image

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, don't be shy about asking for assistance. If I can, I will be more than happy to help you...

Last edited by Nightrider on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

thanx alot