[user input] Unable to install EasyMod

Having problems installing EM? Let's fix that
Forum rules
DO NOT give out any FTP passwords to anyone! There is no reason to do so! If you need help badly enough, create a temporary FTP account that is restricted to only the files that you need help with and give the information for that. Giving out FTP information can be very dangerous!
sheilster

[user input] Unable to install EasyMod

Post by sheilster »

I am trying to install easy mod but I dont think it has worked.
However the sql commands were NOT able to be installed.
How can I re-run the installation or get back to those sql statements that need to be run on the db?
Everytime I go to easymod intall.php

I get the following:
Critical Error: This version of EM has already been installed. Terminating to prevent reinstallation.

Thanks.

sheilster

Re: Unable to install EasyMod

Post by sheilster »

Also when I go to the admin control panel & try to bring up Easymod, I get the following error:

Warning: main(./..//admin/em_includes/em_ftp.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 75

Warning: main(): Failed opening './..//admin/em_includes/em_ftp.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 75

Warning: main(./..//admin/em_includes/em_modio.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 76

Warning: main(): Failed opening './..//admin/em_includes/em_modio.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 76

Warning: main(./..//admin/em_includes/em_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 77

Warning: main(): Failed opening './..//admin/em_includes/em_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 77

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_em_pw() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\phpbb2\admin\admin_easymod.php on line 634

I am not sure what to do to fix this!

Nuttzy99

Re: Unable to install EasyMod

Post by Nuttzy99 »

Strange. Once you started encountering problems did you started tinkering around and doing things manually? Best thing to do would be to use the included version changer and then try reinstalling.

-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
My Other Site

sheilster

Re: [user input] Unable to install EasyMod

Post by sheilster »

I didnt do anything manually once I got these problems.
I am using the copy manually mode so I moved the files to their places
but thats it.
I am not familiar with the version changer.
How do I access this program ?

Is this the best way to do a full reinstall?

I saw a post about deleting all the files which comes with Easy mod
to uninstall. So I tried doing that. But when I try to reinstall it still tells me
that it has detected that Easy Mod has been installed & I am still unable to
use EasyMod properly.