Mobile Navbar Profile Action Click

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
halil16

Mobile Navbar Profile Action Click

Post by halil16 »

The new theme is exciting. But I have a few suggestions on this subject. One of them is to be inspired by what existing social media applications/sites offer.

Here I will talk about clicking the profile link in the navbar. The current situation is:

navbar-profil-sekmesi.jpg

A drop-down menu appears where you click on your profile avatar or icon. However, we should not equate the situation on phones with that on desktops. My advice is to have a side-opening special area like Twitter.

twitter-profile-menu.jpg

First of all, I thought that the menu we talked about in the new theme was full screen and the drop-down parts page were separate. But it may be more useful if it is like Twitter.

And shouldn't the exit link be at the bottom of the menu instead of at the top? And... It would be nice to have the members' usernames in their profile URLs...

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Mobile Navbar Profile Action Click

Post by DavidIQ »

halil16 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:20 pm And... It would be nice to have the members' usernames in their profile URLs...
Absolutely nothing to do with the theme/style. And also friendly URLs is a topic that has already been discussed to death. You can do a search for that.

The rest of your post about the profile menu is strange, as if there's a huge difference between Twitter and the new style besides the menu comping up on the right instead of the left. Or is there some other difference between the two that makes the one in the new style less usable? 🤔

halil16

Post by halil16 »

DavidIQ wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:30 pm Absolutely nothing to do with the theme/style. And also friendly URLs is a topic that has already been discussed to death. You can do a search for that.
Yes, you are right. I'm talking about phpBB4 but this is not the place.
DavidIQ wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:30 pm The rest of your post about the profile menu is strange, as if there's a huge difference between Twitter and the new style besides the menu comping up on the right instead of the left. Or is there some other difference between the two that makes the one in the new style less usable? 🤔
Actually, I just gave an example. I mean it's more like a settings menu rather than a simple drop-down menu that pops up on click. Just like the settings menu on Android or iOS. It appears on the screen as if you were opening a settings tab on mobile, while it was a drop-down menu on desktop, as in Twitter or Instagram or Facebook.

In the meantime, I would like to draw attention to the fact that I argue that this should only be on mobile devices; on the desktop as needed.

The reason I want this is because in the new style, instead of two or three options as before, many options are neatly located under the profile tab. I really liked this. I wanted it to be in a style that specifically fills the screen when it is clicked on mobile.

The Twitter example may not have fully explained what I mean. When we look at Facebook or Instagram, you will see that when you click on the relevant menu, it fills the screen and only focuses on it. It takes a very simple touch to exit again.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Locking so there's no need to repost what you're posting on phpbb.com