Access key for "First unread post"

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Edgar

Access key for "First unread post"

Post by Edgar »

One of the (seemingly) hidden features of this board software is using the access key (<ALT>+m) to deploy the "Mark topics read" function:
MTR.png
here's the relevant code (it is only in view on forum pages which show a list of topics to be read) :

Code: Select all

<div class="pagination">
   <a href="./viewforum.php?hash=d6961232&amp;f=68&amp;mark=topics&amp;mark_time=1615477146" class="mark" accesskey="m" data-ajax="mark_topics_read">Mark topics read</a> &bull; 		16 topics
      &bull; Page <strong>1</strong> of <strong>1</strong>
</div>
note: accesskey="m"

Would it be possible to add a similar access key to deploy "First unread post"?
MTR.png
Here's the code in question (it is only in view when you are actually reading a post) :

Code: Select all

<div class="pagination">
   <a href="#unread" class="mark">First unread post</a> &bull; 3 posts
      &bull; Page <strong>1</strong> of <strong>1</strong>
</div>
Thanks! This would really help those of us were physically challenged by all the mousing around needed to navigate computer GUIs.
I posted the above on the private Staff forum of the Audacity board. They are adverse to making local changes for obvious reasons and suggested I come here.
Attachments
fup.png

warmweer

Re: Access key for "First unread post"

Post by warmweer »

Edgar wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 pm Would it be possible to add a similar access key to deploy "First unread post"?
How do you define a first unread post?
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

warmweer wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:34 am
Edgar wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 pm Would it be possible to add a similar access key to deploy "First unread post"?
How do you define a first unread post?
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... ead#unread
2021-04-06 23_33_27-phpBB • phpBB Discussion — Mozilla Firefox.png
2021-04-06 23_33_27-phpBB • phpBB Discussion — Mozilla Firefox.png (9.97 KiB) Viewed 14087 times
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

The problem is that, based on the location of the request screenshots, the concept of "First unread post" is lost once you read the topic. It would only work if there are multiple pages and you start on the first page and there are actual unread posts in the following pages of the topic. Once there are no unread posts in the topic the view=unread option no longer does anything.

This topic should be reposted on our main board though since it has nothing to do with phpBB 4.x nor the development of phpBB as a whole.