Name of the new style

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Meis2M

Re: Name of the new style

Post by Meis2M »

"phpBB"

:laughing:

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

Najsas
"Names are just sound and smoke" from the german proverb "Namen sind nur Schall und Rauch"
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

"Azure"
or
"AzureBB"

v12mike

Post by v12mike »

After ignoring it for 2 years, I have just been reading most of the posts here about the new style and its framework.

It seems obvious to me that the new style does need a name, to move it from the abstract to the concrete, and to make searching/indexing of posts here somewhat easier.

It does not really matter what the name is, but as we have not (as far as I can see) settled on a design, the name should not try to descriptive of what it looks like. As this will become the base style for many other styles, it should have a name with a little gravitas.

I will toss in a proposed name of Obsidian.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

It's 2018. Let's name it "offended" or "whiteblackyellow" style, for diversity.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

the overall design has a lot to do with the name we choose. As we have not yet started to work on the overall design/colors/etc its way to early to really settle on anything. We have a codename for that aspect of the project internally that we have been using for sometime now. However, for all the recent work that I have accomplished, It's not really intended as the theme or design. It is just the code/UI/structure/framework at this point and I did not want to confuse people by referring to it by the same name. A codename is at most the best we could hope for until we start working on the theme layer for the final version. With that being said keep them coming but think in of both a project codename for the dev side and the name for the theme side as it might help to differentiate.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

david63

Post by david63 »

Why does the style have to have a "fancy" name? Just call it "default" that way everyone knows what they are talking about and it will make support easier than constantly saying "the default xxxxxx style"
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Xakep_SDK

Post by Xakep_SDK »

Reborn

Joyce&Luna

Post by Joyce&Luna »

To give a name to the style will only do something if you know what it looks like.
Are there pictures already?
My contributions are translated from German to English by google. This can lead to misunderstanding.

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

I agree with David about default as style name. There are some examples in this forum and seems that those are based on prosilver colors.