Name of the new style

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
3Di

Re: Name of the new style

Post by 3Di »

david63 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:14 am
3Di wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:39 am I'd call it just default
That's what I said three and half years ago!
Shrewd. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

rxu

Post by rxu »

Call it whatever you want but just release it :)

3Di

Post by 3Di »

rxu wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:41 am Call it whatever you want but just release it :)
^^
How to disagree? :) Whatever will be will be just let it be.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Post by Kailey »

I'll chime in here.
hanakin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 pm Chameleon is not a style it’s the underlying framework for styles.
I think everyone is going at this the wrong way. If Chameleon is not a style, then it throws out everything (including default) except for base. Base, by definition:
noun
a conceptual structure or entity on which something draws or depends

verb
have as the foundation for (something); use as a point from which (something) can develop

3Di

Post by 3Di »

kinerity wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:11 pm I'll chime in here.
hanakin wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 pm Chameleon is not a style it’s the underlying framework for styles.
I think everyone is going at this the wrong way. If Chameleon is not a style, then it throws out everything (including default) except for base. Base, by definition:
noun
a conceptual structure or entity on which something draws or depends

verb
have as the foundation for (something); use as a point from which (something) can develop
Seems like you are right though I think someone here should make peace with himself. :P ;)
[4.0.x][DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon
Hanakin wrote: *** This style is intended as a replacement for prosilver. As such it does not inherit from nor is it compatible in any way with any other themes. ***

SNIP
EDIT: in the same topic a bit later

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p15548846
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:06 am
Hanakin wrote: This is not a style this is a library of components used to build a style.

SNIP

Everyone needs to move on from the idea though that
1. The design decisions of prosilver are in anyway efficient or effective, they are not they are all flawed in a lot of ways.
2. Chameleon is not a style but instead a library of components that we will leverage to create styles.

There will be a default style but it’s not something that I have even started on yet as we need to get all nessecary component studies completed first before I can start.

alex75

Post by alex75 »

hanakin wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:58 pm challenge:

suggest something original that has nothing to do with anything previously. no "silver" no "sub" no "pro"

The new theme will be something completely fresh and 100% new not just an upgrade.

So lets not tie it to something that it is not related to.
BasicBlue ;)