phpBB4 demo?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
melvinardan

Re: phpBB4 demo?

Post by melvinardan »

Louis7777 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:46 pm I meant updating the core (like in WordPress), but yeah, extensions as well, sure.
agree, im also want this one.

Sylver Cheetah 53

Post by Sylver Cheetah 53 »

I do not like WordPress. I think Blogger is better.
So I hope phpBB4 will be nothing like WordPress.

Fred Rimbert

Post by Fred Rimbert »

It is not a question of making phpBB look like WP but of having an automatic kernel update system like WP already does.

romans1423

Post by romans1423 »

I'm indifferent to 4.x needing a new theme bundled with it. If anything, I'd say prosilver is almost too iconic to give up as the default — iterate on it to make it better and better (for example, using header tags for post date/author info, footer tags for signatures, etc. or including Schema.org markup for rich semantics). Nail clean and meaningful markup, then release optional CSS/image packs for it that completely change its appearance up if you want to.