release schedule?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
davecotter

release schedule?

Post by davecotter »

Is there a ballpark release schedule? I recall a graph a few years back that showed phpbb 3 as EOL, as v4 was supposed to be released. that page disappeared.

I understand if it's impossible to guess a release date, if that's the case, that's a legit answer. Just been chompin' at the bit for v4 for a few years now.

david63

Re: release schedule?

Post by david63 »

davecotter wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:32 pm Just been chompin' at the bit for v4 for a few years now.
At the present rate progress appears to be going you will be chomping for a few more years yet!

What is it that you want from phpBB 4?
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Meow

Post by Meow »

For me it shows how future-proof phpBB 3.x is, as we are going to celebrate its fifteenth anniversary this December.

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I just want one-click updates within the backoffice damn... all the rest can wait...

3Di

Post by 3Di »

davecotter wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:32 pm Is there a ballpark release schedule?
No.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

i am wait

jas.iso

Post by jas.iso »

Hi all,

It’s my first post. Just curious as to when v4.0 will be released.

I’ve been holding off installing and configuring other forums, but sadly, a large community that I run (ran) may not survive until next release.

Surely, if it comes out soon, I’ll wait.

Any good insight will be appreciated.

[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

davecotter wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:32 pmJust been chompin' at the bit for v4 for a few years now.
When all hope is no longer pinned on the Chameleon style being feasible or the next big thing.
This was only a mock charge.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)

Matthew13

Post by Matthew13 »

jas.iso wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:52 am Hi all,

It’s my first post. Just curious as to when v4.0 will be released.

I’ve been holding off installing and configuring other forums, but sadly, a large community that I run (ran) may not survive until next release.

Surely, if it comes out soon, I’ll wait.

Any good insight will be appreciated.
I am also keeping an eye on the publication date, but so far I have no information. Hopefully it will be soon.