phpBB4 demo?

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
rudi_br

phpBB4 demo?

Post by rudi_br »

Is there a phpBB 4 demo some where for the curious?
I'm aware, that phpBB 4 is still in the development phase - just curious to see what it will look and feel like.

Edit 20211101:
I found a link to a demo here: https://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/jvvGLj?editors=1100
The link is: https://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/jvvGLj?editors=1100

And wau! I looks great, realy looking forward to phpBB4

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: phpBB4 demo?

Post by hanakin »

Actually this site is the demo for phpbb4 to be accurate... That is an old demo for the new theme Chameleon. The most current demos can be found in my github here https://github.com/hanakin/chameleon/tr ... ests/views
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

david63

Post by david63 »

hanakin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:33 pm The most current demos can be found in my github
So nothing for the last two months - will this ever see the light of day in my lifetime?
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

david63 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:54 am
hanakin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:33 pm The most current demos can be found in my github
So nothing for the last two months - will this ever see the light of day in my lifetime?
Yes, but in your next life :D

3Di

Post by 3Di »

It's a shame about the Chameleon project itself, unfortunately I'm in the position of having to say that I don't think it will see the light of day in time for the first release of phpBB 4, unless the developers want to postpone it indefinitely.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

rxu

Post by rxu »

TBH, I think phpBB4 could be released with the current (more or less) Prosilver. Chameleon-based style, if ready during phpBB 4 times, could be attached later with some minor 4.x release (or even mark it 4.1 because of that if needed).
4.x needs some more work currently, mostly important as for me are implementing Doctrine and finishing extensions management system. Then it could be released as is.

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

it is very bad news for 4.0 , if we can't see new style. because many times dev team said to members "new style will arrive in 4.0".

i think:
mention system
doctrine
ext management
crop avatar

not enough for 4.0 even , it is good for 3.4.x
refactoring systems is remain ( viewtopic,viewonline,viewforum , ... )
revamp PM
instant update
chameleon project
acp new theme
maybe wysiwyg editor
style management
and ...

chameleon is more important than for 4.0, maybe we should give up this project and building two styles for default theme and acp base on bootstrap as mentions in others topic. this style ( bootstrap base ) can arrive to 4.0
chameleon can move to 5.x

example:
https://i.imgur.com/3xvyoO6.png

admin panel:
https://assets.startbootstrap.com/img/s ... dmin-2.png

maybe if dev team decide about chameleon project , others people can dev new style base on something else, because now there is topics in phpbb.com about chameleon for 4.0

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I just want the Instant Update.

[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Louis7777 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:31 am I just want the Instant Update.
I like the idea of installing extensions though a mouse click as well. Easier than uploading folders to a server.
This was only a mock charge.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I meant updating the core (like in WordPress), but yeah, extensions as well, sure.