misalignment on index and viewforum

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 4.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 4 will be 4.0/Triton.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 4.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: misalignment on index and viewforum

Post by hanakin »

Mobile first would require a major overhaul due to the *beep* JS bullshit that exists in prosilver. prosilver is not getting that unless someone in the community wants to tackle a 3-6 month painful nightmare of a project! The changes we make/approve to maintain should adhere to our new standards on the master branch, but lets not get carried away as we still need to manage them. Most of responsive.css has been refactored to meet this goal. There is a lot of things that need fixed agreed and even more should be but lets balance it. Right now the team is focused on the backend changes. Any glaring front-end changes that need addressed is not our main focus at this time for prosilver, but if the community wants to step up here I am all for it and highly encourage it.

Things like the subforums we are tracking just have not had time to address.

As for this discussion its only as long as people here make it. I asked over a month ago for an answer that was just now provided. Now that means that we just need to refactor the header to meet this!

Keep in mind that by that I do not just mean via CSS! We need to be looking to improve both as this is a breaking build...Where and when we can we should be improving things...
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

3Di

Post by 3Di »

^^

3 Months later...

After 41 Replies and 14436 Views and counting...

Again nothing on the horizon. :ugeek:
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

DracoBlue_

Post by DracoBlue_ »

the style of the forum should be based on the well-known bootstrap 5 framework and that's about it. Why do something that is already done. This is open source ...

3Di

Post by 3Di »

6 Months later...

After more than 26400 Views and counting...

Again nothing on the horizon. :ugeek: :shock: For a such trivial issue.

If the IT world evolved at this speed we would still be in the Stone Age. :lol: :P
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

GTi

Post by GTi »

Hanakin, I wonder if you are perhaps being overly harsh on Prosilver,

On this misalignment issue, you are saying this isn't just CSS and this will break that, like it's some major issue in the code etc when it isn't.

You adjusted the line height for one item in the header but didn't adjust it for another item - hence that other item is misaligned.

For years that alignment has been fine, no problem with it at all, then you come along and make a change to it - knock it out of line and then make it sound like it's a Prosilver fault and a big fix when it's a simple 2 minute fix.

I don't think it's fair to be bashing Prosilver when it's been serving people just fine for many a year, yes it's old code but it's also very simple code, if you make an adjustment that doesn't turn out as expected - it's very quick and easy to use the browser inspector to see where that issue came from.