RTL In Prosilver

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Dan Stylez

RTL In Prosilver

Post by Dan Stylez »

Hey Guys,

I've spent a bit of time trying to make one of my styles a bit better in the RTL version,

In Prosilver as you can see the black arrows point at the forum icons, on the standard version the icon is in the centre, but on the RTL version it moves closer to the edge on smaller windows, (caused by the position being 99.5%) because it's on the far side I don't think there is a way to sort it with CSS changes.
forum-icon-normal.png
forum-icon-normal-rtl.png
So a solution I came up with was to adjust the icons, by making them wider so they have a margin down the left and right side which meant I could remove the CSS margin and change the position to 100%,
Example of icons:
icons-adjusted.png
icons-adjusted.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 19226 times
So that now when I make the screen smaller the icons always stay in the centre.

The question is, would me making that change cause any problems with getting the style validated?

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader

Re: RTL In Prosilver

Post by Kailey »

Please ask here.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

this was already addressed via pm when he originally posted it, but thks for bumping nearly a two-month-old topic lol, also this is the correct place for this s its about improving prosilver
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Was sitting in pending approval queue due to an MCP bug and was just able to be approved, so was not bumped :P

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

ah ok was wondering
Donations welcome via Paypal Image