Convert prosilver to twig

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Meis2M

Convert prosilver to twig

Post by Meis2M »

Hello,
as we know phpBB support twig system, i think prosilver must convert to twig fully, is it right?

if possible let me know how can do that exactly , and what files must be convert ? may be i can do it for phpBB, but i need help for stating and i need permission of DEV team.

is it one of new style progress step ?

Thank You

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Convert prosilver to twig

Post by DavidIQ »

No we are not going to do that with prosilver. The new style would be done using Twig and whatever else is decided on for styling.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

Acctually, This is a disscussion topic I suggested that he make. The point being that as we work with/on the new theme it would be useful/faster to have a consistent baseline. This would help on the coding for the new theme as well since I can more easily copy and paste the structure back and forth for testing. It would also help for maintainability of prosilver through the transition to the new theme. How/where/what is safe is something I am not sure of @Nicofuma & Chita for thoughts? Exspecially related to BC and of course DavidIQ what that would mean for ext/themes.

Obviously there would be concerns for breaks but I do think that if some thought is given to it there might be some aspects that could be switched over that would have little to know issues being that we would still support the old syntax.

P.S. Moved to styles section...
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Ah so doing this would make your life easier. That's fine then I think. :P

Since both the classic style templating and Twig style templating are supported, and concurrently, then it should have minimal to no impact for both styles and extensions developers. Many extension developers are using Twig in their templates and find it more flexible than our original templating system anyways so they're slowly moving towards full Twig templates.

david63

Post by david63 »

There is an extension that will convert any style to Twig
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

david63 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:42 pm There is an extension that will convert any style to Twig
Wow ...
this is here:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2429096