[NEW THEME] 4. JS frameworks & approach

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Re: [NEW THEME] 4. JS frameworks & approach

Post by hanakin »

From the html no that was the point of why I did it that way. But it still requires a fair bit of js to get everything to work that way which we have to document vs vue which would not require much if any documentation give t hat they already document it and they way it works is readable. But the real test would be scaling up the jquery implementation framework across all of our needed code for a more accurate comparison
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

CHItA
Development Team
Development Team

Re: [NEW THEME] 4. JS frameworks & approach

Post by CHItA »

I think that for people who are not familiar with JS we would need to document the basic functionalities that are intended to be used by them, so I don't think that Vue completely solves that problem for us. On the other hand, for the style/extension authors who are familiar with JS development I do not think adding Vue would help too much as I think the goal should be to make managing JS libraries for extensions easier in the core and style editors can obviously add any framework they please.