Design Inspiration

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Joyce&Luna

Re: Design Inspiration

Post by Joyce&Luna »

I understand the argumentation and see however also it all a little sluggish. You could be much further, if you are looking specifically for such people who could support one. Of course, this should not be just a hobby hobbyist and do not really know what he is doing.
Surely he should therefore know already proffessionel from.

I have respect for what you created together in your free time here.
But the fact is that it is lagging behind her and your goals can not comply.
Some have left the phpBB team, so you need a replacement.
Where is the problem, quite officially ask for such people?

The previous bugs I have found have been reported and another has created a ticket for me.
If I find something, this is also given by me.

But it would be nice, if one gets prosilver according to W3C validated, the whole also in the upcoming version of phpBB 3.2 RC2.

Edit:

p.s
As google translated the whole for me in English, I do not know how the whole comes on. These should be just suggestions, ideas and no claims. I also have to translate the lyrics from you into German. A discussion in my language would be 10 times better, but unfortunately this is not possible here.
My contributions are translated from German to English by google. This can lead to misunderstanding.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Joyce&Luna wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:33 pm Some have left the phpBB team, so you need a replacement.
Where is the problem, quite officially ask for such people?
You assume this wasn't done. Hanakin himself even called for capable styles developers publicly in several posts, some other team members echoing the same request, so not sure how much more official it could be.

Joyce&Luna

Post by Joyce&Luna »

Yes, I went out this was not the case. If this is not right, then sorry.
Then I have probably escaped.
The whole thing was also only an idea of me and was not meant evil or that I want to put any one under pressure.
Maybe I'm just thinking too much about it.
I think you get it so regulated.
My contributions are translated from German to English by google. This can lead to misunderstanding.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

wanted to get this out there... this some icons design I have been working on.

These are not 100% done I am still tweaking. the colors mean nothing right now just for my own organization.

Also keep in mind that the size of all the icons will very in the theme. This is the design of them which all needs to adhere to the same grid of 24px.

Also for those interested I am using google material design guidelines for the icon development so if anyone is familiar and would like to help then by all means let me know.

Also these are 100% vector svg icons! :o
Screenshot 2017-01-24 17.41.57.png
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

david63

Post by david63 »

Thinking way ahead here - how easy/difficult will it be for extension developers to add additional ones for their extensions, or will it mean taking a step backwards from font awesome and having to create their own?
David
Remember: You only know what you know -
and you do not know what you do not know!

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

you are not limited to using svg you can mix however; all the icons will have there own html tags meaning if you need to add an icon you will have to add the html tag and include the svg symbol in the sprite for inclusion as well. However you can add an icon from font-awsome the way we currently do by using an i tag and class as well. or if you so wish but not recommended you can just add an image tag but it will need to be retina capable.

currently the way I am implementing it is to break the icons up like shown in the image, into sub-sets and including the svg sprite files for those sub sets when they are needed in the top of the body. so unlike with font-awsome you will not have any extra icons, you would have to add your own. To that end there are plenty of resources out there and I will be providing detailed tutorials on how to add a custom svg/font/retina icons.

Some of these are straight pulls from https://materialdesignicons.com/ however they are then optimized through svgo , as I said I will be providing a tutorial that will outline how to do this.

Its actually rather simple and not unlike adding any other icon in the past where you get the image then optimize it and add the includes in the templates

We will probably add ext-hooks at the bottom of each svg sprite file so that you can just insert your symbol to one of these that best makes sense but like I said not there yet.

If you would like to see some code for reference here is a test case I have been using to work with them http://codepen.io/hanakin/pen/jybzBY?editors=1000
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by Vinny »

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

Vinny wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:00 am ACP theme inspiration: https://github.com/krzysiekpiasecki/Gen ... gentelella
sound good ...