New Style for phpBB 3.3 ?

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB's style.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB or modifying styles of released phpBB versions. If you need support for phpBB please visit the Support Forums on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding creating styles please post in Styles Support & Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Joyce&Luna

New Style for phpBB 3.3 ?

Post by Joyce&Luna »

Hello

I do not know whether you have already written about it. Since I can not speak English, it's hard to find your way here. The article is translated by a Translater.
Since I know phpBB, you have those ugly blue Style prosilver. I think if you already offer a completely new revised phpBB version 3.3, then you should also develop a new beautiful and simple style. Maybe in Black / WHITE and gray.
With a new version, a new look should arise and to outside show times that will also work visually on.
Just looks like a style of optically classically and without hesitation can so maintain.
I could well imagine that will also arrive this well.

Would love to read your views and I hope that my Translater the course for me translated into German.

Joyce & Luna

Elias

Re: New Style for phpBB 3.3 ?

Post by Elias »

"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy

neuropass

Post by neuropass »

I think the phpBB core is more important than the style. Prosilver is great as it is for the basic theme.
Many folks like the prosilver style anyway for a standard board.
If you need more then you should look into professional design:
*link removed*
The developer "SiteSplat" is an amazing developer and he also has a special marketplace with premium extensions.
Things that have been asking for years he developed it.
Last edited by DavidIQ on Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove promotion link

juliokr

Post by juliokr »

neuropass wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:17 pm I think the phpBB core is more important than the style. Prosilver is great as it is for the basic theme.
Many folks like the prosilver style anyway for a standard board.
It's true pro silver looks "old-fashion" but fortunately three are some modern-styles like we_universal

Joyce&Luna

Post by Joyce&Luna »

Hello Elias

Since I really do not speak English, it's hard for me to find certain topics here. The Translater is not so true and you have to guess much.

@all
It need not be a completely new style, therefore, but the color would change already rich.
As I once read we_universal makes here and there problems with extensions. For users, the style by Arty are too heavy and you can not afford a normal support, unless one is installed this style.
But we_universial I like personally very well.
Secondly, I make my own styles even if I'm on top of there. Only prosilver I find color bad and should be times jazzed color after all these years. That would phpBB do good times.

Joyce & Luna
My contributions are translated from German to English by google. This can lead to misunderstanding.

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

@Joyce&Luna

We are looking at introducing a new style, but we have not assigned it to a specific release yet.

There are more pressing things than the look and feel. We have to address the underlying code base for working with themes as well which is challenging and involves a lot of reworking and refactoring.

We need to add support for new and better technologies to help us maintain things over time as well.

This is why the intent is to start from scratch and build something that will last.

Unfortunately this is a long process and has to be handled delicately as we must consider both those average users who wish to customize themes as well as the professional front-end web developers/designers.
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

Joyce&Luna

Post by Joyce&Luna »

Hello Hanakin

Thank you for your answer. I can only once behind must be present, and other things are more important to understand that the style.
It does say no that this should be immediately.

But I have looked at myself even your compression from 100 to 50 colors. That's all well and good. You have nothing change at Grungerüst of prosilver, but if the color code number already is shortened, why not directly with a few other colors? This baby blue verwaschende beautify times with some brighter colors?
50 colors are changed but now times fast ;)
My contributions are translated from German to English by google. This can lead to misunderstanding.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Joyce&Luna wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:03 am Grungerüst
Grundgerüst. ;) Sure that you meant "skeleton, skelectical structure".
Joyce&Luna wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:03 am This baby blue verwaschende beautify times with some brighter colors?
50 colors are changed but now times fast ;)
Substantive or Verb? Getting hard time to really understand the whole concept, sorry. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Joyce&Luna

Post by Joyce&Luna »

Hello 3Di

Unfortunately, I can draw no English and has the Translater Google back. That this all a bit distorted it, unfortunately I can not.
I did not see that he has two words not translated.
So I try again.
The current colors look washed out. It would be good if the colors were vivid.
Hanakin has the number of colors minimized from 100 to 50. https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/3867
It should be no problem to replace the colors with other colors. This would not take so much time.
It would be enough to change the style prosilver only color.
I hope that this is now a little more understandable.
Last edited by Joyce&Luna on Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Joyce&Luna wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:11 pm zuersetzen
zu ersetzen = to replace

Yes, now it is. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades