[PHPBB3-15544] I cannot understand the content in the ticket

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
pcmagas

[PHPBB3-15544] I cannot understand the content in the ticket

Post by pcmagas »

I try to resolve the ticket: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15544 but in the ticket description there are some links that point into the german forum for phpBB. Is someone where is able to explain-translate the content of theese forums?

canonknipser

Re: [PHPBB3-15544] I cannot understand the content in the ticket

Post by canonknipser »

Hi,
Thanks for picking the ticket.
Because I'm not active on area51 on a daily base, it would have been better to leave a message in the ticket. That way I get a message from jira.

So, for the translation /description of the topics, I'll give you a summary:
In both cases there has been an update from a earlier version of phpBB to the current one. In both cases users reported about language keys appearing in the acp without a translation into a proper language string. Those language keys are the names of ACP modules:
ACP_SEND_STATISTICS
ACP_STYLE_COMPONENTS
Those modules should have been deleted by migration files during updates.

The migration files have been executed according to the entries in the migration table.

Looking in the migration files and the core code, I suspect a culprit with the function "module.exists" giving a "false" and therefore the "module.delete" is not executed.
Greetings
Frank
phpbb.de support team member - no support via PM or mail
English is not my native language
Extensions and scripts for phpBB