PHPBB-15151 - ACP Cookie settings should contain explanatory text for all fields

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
P_I
Community Team
Community Team

PHPBB-15151 - ACP Cookie settings should contain explanatory text for all fields

Post by P_I »

Some background discussion is here.

Here is my first pass at the explanatory text. I've added to the introduction section in a manner consistent with the ACP->Spambot countermeasures introduction section, i.e.
If you have problems with users staying logging in to your board, visit the phpBB.com Knowledge Base - Fixing incorrect cookie settings.
To explain the Cookie domain:
In most cases the cookie domain is optional. Leave it blank if you are unsure.

In the case where you have a board integrated with other software or have multiple domains, then to determine the cookie domain you need to do the following. If you have something like example.com and forums.example.com, or perhaps forums.example.com and blog.example.com. Remove the subdomains until you find the common domain, example.com. Now add a dot in front of the common domain and you would enter .example.com (note the dot at the beginning).
I would welcome comments/suggestions on any wording changes that would improve the explanation text.

With my changes, the page would look like:
ticket 15151.JPG

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Re: PHPBB-15151 - ACP Cookie settings should contain explanatory text for all fields

Post by P_I »

Pull request submitted.