PHPBB3-15086 Replace quote.gif with fontawesome icon

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Re: PHPBB3-15086 Replace quote.gif with fontawesome icon

Post by P_I »

hanakin wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:44 pm any/everyone is responsible for the changes... best way I have found to test them is in your browser change the class on the body from ltr to rtl, then on the html element change the dir to rtl as well. you will have to manually add the bidi.css file to your header...

Otherwise if you can then install an rtl lang pack and change the lang, but I find this slower personally.

411 the new version of FA includes both quote-left and quote-right icons
I've been testing using this method and I think (hope) I've just make the final commit to resolve the issue. However, the following screenshot of the RTL testing has me slightly concerned.
ticket 15086 - RTL.PNG
In a proper RTL setup, shouldn't the timestamp on the cited quote appear at the left margin?

I don't believe this is a byproduct of my fix as I can reproduce the behaviour on phpBB 3.2.0 board.
phpbb 3.2.0 cited RTL.PNG
Is it a byproduct of the testing method described above, or is it a bug in the implementation of the "clever quotes" feature in phpBB 3.2?

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

Meis2M wrote: poke
thoughts on above
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

P_I
Community Team
Community Team

Post by P_I »

Posting this more for completeness than anything else, in case someone stumbles upon it.
P_I wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 am Still haven't solved why bbcode.html isn't being used,
Some clues exist in [PHPBB3-11819] Hardcoded bbcode is duplicated in bbcode.html and [PHPBB3-15145] BBcode.html is ignored by default due to template_bitfield requirement

Vinny
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by Vinny »

P_I wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:32 pm I've been testing using this method and I think (hope) I've just make the final commit to resolve the issue. However, the following screenshot of the RTL testing has me slightly concerned. ticket 15086 - RTL.PNG
In a proper RTL setup, shouldn't the timestamp on the cited quote appear at the left margin?

I don't believe this is a byproduct of my fix as I can reproduce the behaviour on phpBB 3.2.0 board. phpbb 3.2.0 cited RTL.PNG

Is it a byproduct of the testing method described above, or is it a bug in the implementation of the "clever quotes" feature in phpBB 3.2?

Code: Select all

.rtl blockquote cite > div {
	float: left;
}
should fix the problem with date, however this is for another ticket/PR probably. To test in a RTL language, open language/en/common.php, find:

Code: Select all

'DIRECTION'			=> 'ltr',
Replace ltr with rtl. That should be enough.