PHPBB3-14740 BBCode still parses wrong

Discuss requests for comments/changes posted in the Issue Tracker for the development of phpBB. Current releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3/Proteus.
JoshyPHP

Re: PHPBB3-14740 BBCode still parses wrong

Post by JoshyPHP »

Yes, I can reproduce it on my 3.2.0 board. I've just submitted a fix. In the mean time you can update your BBCode definition to remove the the quotes.

Code: Select all

[mod={TEXT1}]{TEXT2}[/mod]
Note that unlike 3.1, using quotes in the BBCode usage does not mean that users will have to use quotes. Whether or not you use quotes in your BBCode usage, [mod=xxx], [mod="xxx"] and [mod='xxx'] will produce the same result in a post.

neufke

Post by neufke »

I know but as said, it's not the only one we use.

For example, we use it in a law BBCode whereas the BBCode is like [law="PUT-A-VERY-LONG-NUMBER-HERE"]Insert lawtext[/law] or a dossier from a lawyer or a police-officer. It sometimes just makes sense to put them in quotes...

Let's see if i can find the fix and test it, i would very welcome it and thanks for the work. My english is good buit i know it is not that good that my appreciation (yes, i had to look this one up in google ;-) ) always comes through but i DO appreciate your work!

;-)

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

neufke wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:46 pm [law="PUT-A-VERY-LONG-NUMBER-HERE"]Insert lawtext[/law]
Sure, you can do that regardless of the BBCode definition. The only issue here is on the "admin" side. Just do not use quotes in the "BBCode usage" box in the ACP and the BBCode will work with or without quotes in posts.

neufke

Post by neufke »

JoshyPHP wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm
neufke wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:46 pm [law="PUT-A-VERY-LONG-NUMBER-HERE"]Insert lawtext[/law]
Sure, you can do that regardless of the BBCode definition. The only issue here is on the "admin" side. Just do not use quotes in the "BBCode usage" box in the ACP and the BBCode will work with or without quotes in posts.
I agree, it's just one of these things users got used to way back in the old days... "Put the number or your name between the quotes..."

BUT, i just changed factory.php manually, flushed cache and did some testing and am glad to say that old AND new posts are working flawlessly, with AND without quotes so i think that, (we just have to wait till it passes the tests but i have high hopes... ;-) ) this issue is solved. (and we finally can get this ticket closed :-D)

Again, thanks for the great help and the quick solution!

neufke

Post by neufke »

JoshyPHP wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm !
@JoshyPHP, have you noticed that the final fix you made in the code as mentioned in https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/4628/commits never made it into the final 3.2.0 ? (i haven't noticed it before beccause i also made the changes manually), all tickets regarding this bug are closed, the codejust isn't merged...

JoshyPHP

Post by JoshyPHP »

The PR mentions it was superseded (replaced) by that one: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/4631

I think it was merged after 3.2.0 was released, can't recall exactly.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

3.2 was released January 7. The afore mentioned pr was merged January 15.

neufke

Post by neufke »

ah thnx guys, i have already fixed it manually but i guess it will be in the next release?

JimA
Former Team Member

Post by JimA »

neufke wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 pm ah thnx guys, i have already fixed it manually but i guess it will be in the next release?
Yes, it will be from 3.2.1 on. :)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com

neufke

Post by neufke »

JimA wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:24 pm
neufke wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 pm ah thnx guys, i have already fixed it manually but i guess it will be in the next release?
Yes, it will be from 3.2.1 on. :)
Thanks Jim, but i have been struggling with this for 2 days again now, manually doing the changes doesn't give me the expected results

edit: i think i figured it out, reparsing...