[Template] overall_header_content_before

These requests for events in core phpBB have been merged into 3.1/Ascraeus and will be available with the next release.
Blitze

[Template] overall_header_content_before

Post by Blitze »

Identifier: overall_header_content_before and overall_footer_content_after
Prosilver Location (if applicable): In overall_header.html after line 182, i.e. after the last line, and overall_footer.html before line 1 i.e. before the first line respectively
Subsilver Location (if applicable): In overall_header.html after line 240, i.e. after the last line, and overall_footer.html before line 1 i.e. before the first line respectively
Explanation: So extensions can add content that appears at the top of all pages after the header but before the main content and/or after the main content but before the footer.

Possible use cases for extensions include: advertisement, announcements, portals, etc

Pony99CA

Re: [Template] overall_header_content_before

Post by Pony99CA »

Blitze wrote:Identifier: overall_header_content_before and overall_footer_content_after
Explanation: So extensions can add content that appears at the top of all pages after the header but before the main content and/or after the main content but before the footer.
Then shouldn't these be called overall_header_after and overall_footer_before? The way you named them makes it sound like they come before the content of overall_header and after the content of overall_footer.

I understand that you mean "content" to be the main content of the page, but I think that just confuses things.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader

Post by Marc »

In fact, the naming is correct:
MichaelC wrote: The identifier should be formatted as prosilver location file followed by a descriptor. For e.g.
overall_footer_copyright
If it is only in subsilver then the subsilver location should be used (as hooks don't have to be in both styles).

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

Marc wrote:In fact, the naming is correct:
MichaelC wrote: The identifier should be formatted as prosilver location file followed by a descriptor. For e.g.
overall_footer_copyright
If it is only in subsilver then the subsilver location should be used (as hooks don't have to be in both styles).
That quote doesn't indicate whether either his or mine is right or wrong. I presume that "content" is a ProSilver descriptor in his case, not a location, but I still think that the original proposal is ambiguous (and I interpreted it opposite way until I read the description, hence my comment). Maybe "main_content" or "page_content" would make the event name clearer.

The idea itself is certainly reasonable, though.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

sajaki

Post by sajaki »

hi,

overall_header_content_before isn't defined in overal_footer.html.

is this a bug ?

sajaki

Post by sajaki »

nevermind, i found overall_footer_content_after in the PR.