new topic lock option...

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
spaceace

new topic lock option...

Post by spaceace »

when creating a new topic that for example you know will be a locked topic. you have to create the topic, then go into mod tools and lock it. my request is to have the option on the topic creation page to lock it as in my phpBB 3.0.X mod that was released on the phpBB.com site.

Pony99CA

Re: new topic lock option...

Post by Pony99CA »

Code that as an extension first, then see if people like it.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

i just don't understand why it was never part of the core code in the first place.

you make a post that you already know will be locked, possibly even a sticky... you get done, click on submit, then you have to view the post and finally lock it. that's taking the long way to get the job done when you could have simply put a check in the lock topic box and click submit

hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead

Post by hanakin »

That makes no sense when you create a topic there is an option at the bottom to lock it before you click submit as long as you have the permissions
Donations welcome via Paypal Image

leschek

Post by leschek »

hanakin wrote:That makes no sense when you create a topic there is an option at the bottom to lock it before you click submit as long as you have the permissions
I can see the option to lock a topic when I edit it, but I don't see it when I create a topic.

BioLogIn

Post by BioLogIn »

I just checked, and there is a menu to lock / sticky / etc. on creation of new topic in 3.0.12.

Are you guys talk about 3.1 here? If so, can't believe this feature was removed, it was handy to have...

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

ok, to avoid any confusion. this is where the option to lock the new topic would go. i have manually modified the core files to achieve this and the code works fine with 3.1.2 as it also did with 3.0.12
lock_option.jpg
(126.19 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

BioLogIn wrote:I just checked, and there is a menu to lock / sticky / etc. on creation of new topic in 3.0.12.

Are you guys talk about 3.1 here? If so, can't believe this feature was removed, it was handy to have...
Lock wasn't an option available out of the box in 3.0 when creating a new topic. Just checked three different 3.0 forums. You can still sticky-fy or make a new topic an (global) announcement on creation of course.

spaceace

Post by spaceace »

now, how exactly do i request the events to be added to the core files so i can create the extension? i'm new to this so could someone please explain it in a simple form as i have never done it before ;)

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=42685
Should have the information you're looking for.