'Posts Per Page' should be forum based setting

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Volksdevil

'Posts Per Page' should be forum based setting

Post by Volksdevil »

Hi,

The 'Posts per page' setting in posting > post setting of the ACP. I think it should be a per forum based setting, for each individual forum. Just like the 'topics per page' setting is.

On 3.0.12 I had a mod that enabled me to choose 5 posts per page in three of my forums where people posted lots of pics. Having now upgraded to 3.1.1 the search engines will wonder what's going on with the different pages/pagination for all of those topics.

I have requested an extension Here...But I'd hope that this can be in the core. I would really love it myself as I'm sure others may?

Discuss. :D

Pony99CA

Re: 'Posts Per Page' should be forum based setting

Post by Pony99CA »

That seems reasonable. Have a board default set in the ACP and forum-specific overrides.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.