Delete all PMs

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Pico88

Delete all PMs

Post by Pico88 »

On my board when I want to delete all received PMs (around 800), it took me a lot of time to do that. phpBB allows only to delete all PMs on current page. There is no option to delete all PMs. What do you think to add such option? Or I missed sth.

EXreaction

Re: Delete all PMs

Post by EXreaction »

Why exactly would you want/need to do that?

I agree it doesn't work best as-is to delete a bunch of PMs, but I don't see a real need to delete all PMs.

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK »

Couldn't the "delete all" button do that though? Instead of it just deleting those on a page, maybe have delete selected deletes all selected on that page, but delete all actually does just that. This is how it works for example on Yahoo mail which I use. Delete All wipes the whole folder out, used for spam folder mainly, there are times when you'd like to delete all PM's , if nothing else to cut the size of the database as one reason.
"Life Is What Happens To You When You Are Busy Making Other Plans" - John Lennon

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Shouldn't be too hard to implement.
as a work around I currently change the setting ofpms (topics) per page to 900 delete all on page 1 and reset it to 25 :P
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Pico88

Post by Pico88 »

To make it more clrear - I was thinking about purge folder pms, not whole user PMs (sent and received).
I will prepere ticket and PR.

PayBas

Post by PayBas »

Good idea. There's definetely room for improvement.

5hocK

Post by 5hocK »

Just for the sake of uniformity it's a good idea; the Delete all button for admin logs for instance does exactly what it says it'll do.