[RFC] redirect to previous page after login

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Nicofuma
3.2 Release Manager
3.2 Release Manager

Re: [RFC] redirect to previous page after login

Post by Nicofuma »

Actually for a new feature it's decided by the feature freeze date: if the patch is ready (it complies to the coding guidelines, it is complete and tested...) before the date of the feature freeze it will be included in the release, if not it will not. That's the general rule, we could have some exceptions but when we will be in this case we will decide how the decision is made.

About the bug fix version it's up to the release manager to decide if the patch isn't too big yes, but in some case it's very obvious:
  • A new event can be included
  • A new feature can't be included
  • A refactoring can be included
  • A major UI change can't be included
For the other cases it could be more difficult and the decision is up to the appreciation of the release manager.

EDIT: I said: "everyone can submit what they want"
Member of the phpBB Development-Team
No Support via PM

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

developer11 wrote:@up: true; but point is who decides what code (=which code) goes into stable version (=final release)..... its the Realase Manager, who is part of team.
Based on the above statement, if code submitted is against guidelines for said release, it will simply be rejected......
BTW: if anyone can have what they want, why there is subforum titled "Rejected RFC"?
Because people suggest things and then nobody likes the suggestion and the OP doesn't want to do the work either due to lack of knowledge. Happens quite often.

Pony99CA

Post by Pony99CA »

And, even if the OP did do the work, if most people here did not want that feature in the core, I hope that it wouldn't be added.

For example, if somebody did the work to add a Calendar to the core code, but most people felt that should be an extension, would it be added to the core anyway?

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Pony99CA wrote:And, even if the OP did do the work, if most people here did not want that feature in the core, I hope that it wouldn't be added.

For example, if somebody did the work to add a Calendar to the core code, but most people felt that should be an extension, would it be added to the core anyway?

Steve
No it wouldn't. Same for a few other "unpopular" suggestions. (Although I guess your question might be more a rhetorical one... :geek: )

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

1+.+
Previous user: TheKiller