[RFC] Custom Profile Fields on Memberlist

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Pony99CA

Re: [RFC] Custom Profile Fields on Memberlist

Post by Pony99CA »

The basic idea seems good.

Regarding the space taken by the Member List, we currently have columns in ProSilver with mulitple items per column (Username/Rank, Website/Location), so maybe you could allow the admin to "stack" profile fields (which currently happens if somebody has both a Website and Location) in the ACP. For example, you could stack Username and Rank and possibly Joined and Last Active, or, if you wanted to show maybe birth date and gender, you could stack those with Username and Rank. That would allow fitting more items horizontally at the slight cost of making the column headers a bit more complex.

While this would obviously require a style change, it is not literally restyling the table. We're still using basically the same table and just allowing the admin more flexibility in how fields (standard and custom) are displayed. As such, it seems to fit here, not in some other RFC. As nadermann said earlier, they seem to be "strongly related, so only one RFC." ;)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.