With help from AmigoJack and James78, I have successfully added GeSHi to a phpBB 3.0.10 install, and I feel it would be beneficial to the community as a whole (even if a forum isn't centered around web development, but other programming, GeSHi supports those too - think C++, etc). What is everyone's thought about this?
Things to consider:
- GeSHi sometimes uses letters in the programming language file name (C++ is cpp). If integrated, do we add code so that users can enter one or the other or both?
- If no syntax is given, what do we do? I'm partial to showing the default code box.
- Line numbers. I personally despise them, but some users might want these. Do we add an ACP option? If so, global or per-forum?
- Styling GeSHi's output. I believe the default is bold and italics. Do we keep this or do we override this with some CSS?
- Removing the highlight_string function. Since GeSHi already highlights PHP code, we should consider removing the highlight_string function from the core.