[RFC] Quick Reply only on Last Page

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
imkingdavid

[RFC] Quick Reply only on Last Page

Post by imkingdavid »

I think that the Quick Reply would be best located on the last page of topics located in forums in which QR is enabled. People are rarely going to need to reply before reading a topic (and if they do, they can click the Post Reply), and I don't see how only displaying QR on the last page would be a bad thing. Thoughts, suggestions?
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Oleg

Re: [RFC] Quick Reply only on Last Page

Post by Oleg »

Seems reasonable.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

I often reply from another page. How about closed by default on any page that isn't the last?
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

callumacrae wrote:I often reply from another page. How about closed by default on any page that isn't the last?
+1
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

callumacrae wrote:I often reply from another page. How about closed by default on any page that isn't the last?
+1

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by Senky »

I think we should keep it as it is, and leave modifications on estensions. I personally would like to see some kind of message notifying me I am not on the last page, not to reply by something that is mentioned in later posts, but I would keep this for extensions...

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

I don't really know, I would like, if QR is available on any page, but maybe just unfolded on the last one.
But since we unfolded it everywhere and the code for it was removed, I'd vote for keep it, or make it an option on QR configuration: "Display QR: yes, only on last page, no"
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

good with an option in acp for " any page? last page? " some moderator like see QR in any page.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Meis2M wrote:good with an option in acp for " any page? last page? " some moderator like see QR in any page.
ACP or UCP?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

Neither. We don't need to be customizing every little bit of the UI via switches/options.

I say collapse on all pages and expand on the last one but please don't do that by using JS page load events. That is currently being done in 3.0 and I often click on the "Who is online" link on my iPad because of it.