[RFC] Multiquote

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
McKristensen

Re: [RFC] Multiquote

Post by McKristensen »

What's the status of this?

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Postponed until the WYSIWYG editor is merged, for now.

Weskey

Post by Weskey »

One feature that I find interesting in the IPB and I think it would be great to implement in phpBB would be fixed multiquote button, it works as follows.

By clicking a button multiquote, you see a new button called "Reply to {0} Quoted Posts" in a fixed position at the bottom right, and whenever the user selects a new post in multiquote the {0} changes to reflect the number of posts selected, the user then simply simply click Reply to go directly to the editor without searching for the button to answer.
Attachments
multiquote.PNG
(20.21 KiB) Downloaded 1055 times

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

I have never used multiquote and almost nobody uses it in the forums I visit. I don't know if this could be made easilly as an extension... But the way IPB does it as shown by Weskey looks ok.

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

I've used multiquote on one of the forums I used to frequent and it would be very useful for several of my forums. If it's optional (enabled/disabled in the ACP) then that should satisfy those that don't want it. I don't know if there's a MOD for this now but I think it belongs in the core.
These kids today...
Buy them books, send them to school and what do they do?

They eat the paste. :lol: