[RFC] AJAX Quick Edit

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Louis7777

Re: [RFC] AJAX Quick Edit

Post by Louis7777 »

Yes, but if you implement only the most wanted small features in small releases there isn't going to be any instability - not anything important at least.

I'm not talking about big changes such as a new template system or a system for plugins or a new attachments system (those can wait for proper releases such as 3.2). I'm talking about small changes that even if they have bugs they won't affect the rest of the system (such as a visual change here and there or a new option somewhere).

MattF
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by MattF »

PR has been taken off of WIP status... Works fantastically!
Has an irascible disposition.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

It should be able to be converted to an extension without too much hassle. I don't see what the rush is to destabilize a product we are trying to finalize. At this rate we would NEVER release 3.1 because someone will be wanting something else to be added. We've already drawn the line on new features. If it does make it into the core that would be highly unusual and not recommended.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

I already said it in the PR and after a little discussion with Marc, we decided to make it an Extension for 3.1 and can have a look about adding it to the core in 3.2
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak »

For 3.3! :D

CarpCharacin

Post by CarpCharacin »

nickvergessen wrote: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:00 am I already said it in the PR and after a little discussion with Marc, we decided to make it an Extension for 3.1 and can have a look about adding it to the core in 3.2
are you adding it to 3.2?