Search found 1815 matches

by DavidIQ
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Getting involved in development
Replies: 11
Views: 7440

Re: Getting involved in development

Shouldn't this be properly documented then? I read there is a suggestion to create an RFC under phpbb4, and then create a related link in area51 forum. Isn't that still the case then? We stopped doing RFCs after 3.1 was released and was basically replaced by the Ideas feature on phpbb.com to make i...
by DavidIQ
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:02 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Getting involved in development
Replies: 11
Views: 7440

Re: Getting involved in development

- First of all, who decides what goes in which branch? I mean, how is a change considered small enough to be able to go into 3.2 Only fixes should go into a released version's branch, in this case 3.2.x. For the most part the only time a feature will be considered for inclusion in a released versio...
by DavidIQ
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: LOGIN API FOR EXTERNAL USAGE
Replies: 3
Views: 4222

Re: LOGIN API FOR EXTERNAL USAGE

I had started an API extension a while back and, while it's super raw and has very little or useful functionality, it should give you an idea of where you might start and incorporates some of what posey mentions: https://github.com/DavidIQ/forumapi I would be very weary of using an API for auth purp...
by DavidIQ
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:07 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Pre-set PM Subject
Replies: 1
Views: 2796

Re: Pre-set PM Subject

Proper place for this is where you already posted it: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2503821
by DavidIQ
Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:07 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Control panel module system
Replies: 26
Views: 20284

Re: Control panel module system

I think the concerns about backwards compatibility are well founded here and should be considered whenever this work actually takes place. Inconveniencing extension developers is manageable/understandable; ticking them all off is not as easily manageable. Even though this topic is mostly pie in the ...
by DavidIQ
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:36 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Control panel module system
Replies: 26
Views: 20284

Re: Control panel module system

This topic now looks like a duplicate of this other one... plus there's already a design that Marc did some time ago that we'll probably go with.
by DavidIQ
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Google+ Delete
Replies: 7
Views: 6601

Re: Google+ Delete

Your original pr and associated ticket do not cover removal of the actual fields from the system. So unless you're going to do that (create a migration, possibly remove files, etc.) then I would recommend a separate ticket be created for that non-style work that will be needed.
by DavidIQ
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Google+ Delete
Replies: 7
Views: 6601

Re: Google+ Delete

Ah ok. Which ticket is it?
by DavidIQ
Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:25 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Google+ Delete
Replies: 7
Views: 6601

Re: Google+ Delete

Should just create a ticket in the tracker for that.
by DavidIQ
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:36 pm
Forum: General Development Discussion
Topic: UX issue/conflict with topic subscription icon/menu
Replies: 9
Views: 5840

Re: UX issue/conflict with topic subscription icon/menu

I think if you're actually trying to go with a more proper UX interaction you would actually not change the text at all and only change the icon. After all that's how checkboxes normally work, right?