Search found 499 matches

by 3Di
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:31 am
Forum: [3.x] Style Development
Topic: Avatars
Replies: 18
Views: 4361

Re: Avatars

I see, just I meant "rules" so to speak, like "have control". :)
by 3Di
Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:29 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: PM System
Replies: 10
Views: 2404

Re: PM System

As Mark said, that's something which I do agree with. Don't let fear take away your freedom. And don't limit each other's freedom by restrictions, that's something not politically correct IMHO. First time I chime in a "political" discussion, last one for me. Be free for yourself, be free. (Cit.)
by 3Di
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:56 am
Forum: [3.x] Style Development
Topic: Avatars
Replies: 18
Views: 4361

Re: Avatars

In any case, please, something which rules the size of it?
http://prntscr.com/ffnd1c
by 3Di
Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:52 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Extensionalize phpBB
Replies: 19
Views: 3433

Re: Extensionalize phpBB

Interesting discusssion IMO. Me following this one.

There are pros and cons, yet the balance needs a clarification.
by 3Di
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:50 pm
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: New contacts (Telegram), Customize contacts from ACP idea.
Replies: 10
Views: 1996

Re: New contacts (Telegram), Customize contacts from ACP idea.

All you need is a more advanced profile fields extension, there is one, validated.
Have a look at phpbb dot com for it.
by 3Di
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Extensionalize phpBB
Replies: 19
Views: 3433

Re: Extensionalize phpBB

koraldon wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:28 am
As a user I would love to see more functionality in the core and not vice versa.
Extensions required extra effort from the admin , especially since installing and updating is via ftp.

Look at IPB 4.2 for example, etc..// snip //
May I say you are missing the point here?
by 3Di
Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 am
Forum: Chit Chat
Topic: Has someone been updating Area51's board software?
Replies: 13
Views: 5752

Re: Has someone been updating Area51's board software?

How comes there has been no downloads offered for days, well.. all week in these 3 link areas? Olympus (3.0.x) Nightly Ascraeus (3.1.x) Nightly Rhea (3.2.x) Nightly 3.0.x is "EoL" so to speak. About the others, simply use Git(Hub)'d branches. The master branch is 3.3.x, FYI. AFAIK should reflect th...
by 3Di
Sun May 28, 2017 3:21 am
Forum: [3.x] Style Development
Topic: Avatars
Replies: 18
Views: 4361

Re: Avatars

Yes, but what about if an user doesn't want at all to have an avatar (especially a forced one of any sort)? My logic tells me an user option should be introduced for this case(s). 99% of users will probably not be bothered one way or the other and for the other 1% just tell that is how it is. That'...
by 3Di
Sat May 27, 2017 4:25 am
Forum: [3.x] Style Development
Topic: Avatars
Replies: 18
Views: 4361

Re: Avatars

Yes, but what about if an user doesn't want at all to have an avatar (especially a forced one of any sort)?
My logic tells me an user option should be introduced for this case(s).
by 3Di
Fri May 26, 2017 7:59 am
Forum: [3.x] Discussion
Topic: Redirects
Replies: 1
Views: 811

Re: Redirects

May be an user option but removed at all.
No need to explain the reasons why, I guess. :)