The application supports posts on phpBB

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The next feature release of phpBB 3 will be 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.2.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.2.x please visit the 3.2.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
newyork01

The application supports posts on phpBB

Post by newyork01 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:11 am

Hello friends.
I have a question that needs your help.
I am not searching for a bridging plugin. I have looked at those and I do not need that type of functionality.

Specifically, I need to be able to create a thread within an action hook in WordPress. I have WordPress and phpBB installed on the same server, in different databases. I have had no luck finding any code to include for authenticating / connecting to the phpBB database from outside of phpBB. Does anyone have experience with using phpBB's database outside of phpBB?

Also, do you know if it's possible to use functions from phpBB's API outside of phpBB? The submit_post function seems like it would work, I just need a way to get that to run within WordPress.

Thank's a lot!
Last edited by newyork01 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

janus

Re: The application supports posts on phpBB

Post by janus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 am