Removing subject from replies

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
KnownSyntax

Removing subject from replies

Post by KnownSyntax »

I know that this might see a tad odd, however with the current setup if someone were to make a post they can change the subject and have it display something other than what the original topic was. Although they might make some sense for some communities, I feel like a large amount don't really want the topics to be changed just for people to click on it if they find it interesting (when it may have nothing to do with the topic).

An option perhaps in the posting settings to be able to enabled or disable this feature (enabled feature would just append "Re:" or nothing at all to the original topic while removing the subject box completely, while disabled would allow for the current status to be kept).
Last edited by KnownSyntax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meis2M

Re: Removing subject from replies

Post by Meis2M »

Louis7777

Post by Louis7777 »

I don't know about removing it completely but how about removing it from the quick reply?

KnownSyntax

Post by KnownSyntax »

Would be a smart idea for the quick reply (I never have it enabled but on here I do notice that you are able to change it), I just find it annoying when people can make the topic from "How are you doing?" to something totally different from the view forum standpoint.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Previous (lengthy) discussion: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=45797
A_Jelly_Doughnut