A few things that need doing:
- CSS should be concatenated and minified.
- JS should be concatenated and minified.
- Icons and smileys should be a spritesheet.
A few things that can be done to make development easier:
- Autoprefixer can be used to make sure we don't have to worry about browser prefixes.
- rem fallbacks can be added automatically—adding them manually defeats the point, is ugly, and is maintainability hell.
- Linting tools can be ran without needing to install editor plugins, and it can also be ran on Travis.
While Gulp would definitely be better for the front-end bits of phpBB, it does add a dev dependency to the project.
Code: Select all
# Install Node.js and nvm curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.25.4/install.sh | bash nvm install 0.12 # Install dependencies npm install -g gulp npm install