Quickreply template.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
NNO-Stephen

Re: Quickreply template.

Post by NNO-Stephen »

ChALkeR wrote:
NNO-Stephen wrote: don't include the font colour swatches or BBcode parts. quick reply by definition should be quick, and therefore not all fancy so I'd personally eliminate all that and just have the box and the submit button. vBulletin did Quick Reply very nicely IMO.
Hm. I think the best thing to do is to allow configuring that from the UCP...
I definitely agree

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

ChALkeR wrote:
NNO-Stephen wrote: don't include the font colour swatches or BBcode parts. quick reply by definition should be quick, and therefore not all fancy so I'd personally eliminate all that and just have the box and the submit button. vBulletin did Quick Reply very nicely IMO.
Hm. I think the best thing to do is to allow configuring that from the UCP...
Ya, that would be good...a drop down box for it...
Simple Quick Reply(just a text box and a reply button)
Advanced Quick Reply(more stuff...like smileys)
Full Quick Reply(all(or almost all) the extra goodies that the normal reply page has. :))

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

OOooo! Can I give my input?

It will be awesome if you make it having a button to click on to pop the quickreply like Super Quick Reply mod for phpBB 2.0.
hmm....

sahtor

Post by sahtor »

Weren't previous Quick Reply mods done with pure HTML? You put the form action to posting function and the board handles the rest. No PHP required in my opinion.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

sahtor wrote: Weren't previous Quick Reply mods done with pure HTML? You put the form action to posting function and the board handles the rest. No PHP required in my opinion.
PHP is required to load language vars, permissions to show (in the full variant), options checkboxes (in the full variant), and custom BBcodes (in the full variant).

It will be needed also to decide (not to show Quick Reply/(show simple Quick Reply)/(show normal Quick Reply).
It will be needed in ACP and UCP.
Sorry for my bad English....

LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

If someone want to use fully ACP-configurable Quick Reply then he can install version from my signature. Admin can set if it should be displayed on viewforum.php and/or viewtopic.php and if it should be simple or advanced. You can add smilies by clicking on the button. Maybe I will add something for BBCodes and colors in one of next versions.
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Lew, I'll discuss those details with you on STG... I have a few ideas.

We've been using Lew's Quick Posting v 0.3, I need to upgrade it to 0.5... it looks very nice.

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

seriously, a form + action is all that is required :x i dont get what the big fuss is all about

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Try it, and you will see why it is not that simple.