Admin userlist and advanced user search

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
kulinar

Admin userlist and advanced user search

Post by kulinar »

Admin userlist (like in phpbb2) would be a nice add-on to deal with users. Searching for users should be an option. Also Advanced user search would be great and would help much admins.

naderman
Consultant

Re: Admin userlist and advanced user search

Post by naderman »

Take a look at memberlist.php?mode=searchuser" target="_blank

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

Yes, that is cool, but in ACP when I try to delete 5 users at the same time (just an example), is that possible? I searched for that option and I could not find.

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

One more thing about users. I use pentapenguin's Advanced IP Tools Pack which saves me a lot of work. In the users' profiles I see the email (not only mailto icon), the IP user registered from and hostname. If I decide that a user is a spammer I just ban the IP. Simple and effective.

Yes, I know about visual confirmation feature but because of my hosting company it doesn't work for me (that is another topic).
Last edited by dhn on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed hard to read link colour

DavidMJ

Post by DavidMJ »

kulinar wrote: Yes, I know about visual confirmation feature but because of my hosting company it doesn't work for me (that is another topic).
The new Visual Confirmation code uses a way to emulate the zlib header info. It should work on every host. (however, the latest version of phpBB 2.0.x provides a basic workaround for this)
Freedom from fear

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

It is great to hear that. Nevertheless its good to have the IP of wannabe users just in case they want register twice or more.