Bug # 8,362,129

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
crogon

Bug # 8,362,129

Post by crogon »

When you search by Author only, you get this:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '= AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_

CALLING PAGE

/phpBB22/search.php&mode=results

SQL

SELECT t.*, f.forum_id, f.forum_name FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE = AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC LIMIT 0, 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster : do_not_email@nowhere.tld

Martin Blank

Re: Bug # 8,362,129

Post by Martin Blank »

Posted in the Forum Rules visible immediately above the forum, topic, and posting views is a section that says:

Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, etc.

Please abide by it and let the moderators keep their sanity a bit longer.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

crogon

Post by crogon »

1) I missed the 'Don't discuss' part, oops.

2) One of the rules is members don't tell members what to do, Mr RuleMeister.

3) If you can't post anything helpful don't post anything at all.

4) have you seen the errors list on sourceforge??

5) This particular bug is a pain in the butt, as no one can go back and find their old posts. I've spent 2 hours trying to find one at this point, and I sincerelly hope that SOMEONE on staff gets bothered by this for 5 seconds so I can get an idea of when it might get fixed.

6) Step off.

EDIT: Well I just noticed that my post count is 2. So.. my old posts are gone?? Or there are other issues? At any rate the username search works properly now, but it didn't when it thought i had no posts.

Now to figure out wth happened to my old posts. :evil:

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

It says no bug reports, it means no bug reports / support.
Surely that can't be all that difficult to comprehend?

Dan

{o}

Post by {o} »

crogon wrote:If you can't post anything helpful don't post anything at all. (...) I sincerelly hope that SOMEONE on staff gets bothered by this for 5 seconds
If you don't read the rules, don't post at all. No support here. Neither from the staff nor other users.
crogon wrote:have you seen the errors list on sourceforge??
What sf has to do with this forum?
crogon wrote:One of the rules is members don't tell members what to do, Mr RuleMeister.
Where?

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

crogon wrote:2) One of the rules is members don't tell members what to do, Mr RuleMeister.
Really?
3) If you can't post anything helpful don't post anything at all.
You were going to get notified one way or the other, by mod or user. Not everyone is as polite about this particular kind of violation as I am.
5) This particular bug is a pain in the butt, as no one can go back and find their old posts. I've spent 2 hours trying to find one at this point, and I sincerelly hope that SOMEONE on staff gets bothered by this for 5 seconds so I can get an idea of when it might get fixed.
The absolute rule here is: NO SUPPORT for non-release code. Period. Support has been edited out of posts by mods, and people have been warned of even stricter measures.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

EldarionII

Post by EldarionII »

Maybe if we all tell him, he'll get the clue:
Forum Rules

Discussion of general topics related to phpBB2.2 and it's place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, etc.
Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
They will get to it when they want. Its not like they are going to blow it off and say "deal with it." Besides, if there are that many posts on your test board that people need to search for posts they created, then you obviously don't even realize that YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO USE THE CVS ON AN ACTIVE BOARD!!! This really irritates me how people don't get this now....
Knowledge leads to wisdom which leads to power... so try not to be dumb.

EldarionII

Post by EldarionII »

P.S.
crogon wrote:Now to figure out wth happened to my old posts. :evil:
I'll say; DEAL WITH IT! This board is undergoing changes everyday, and it is not perfect because its incomplete. If you can't understand that, you shouldn't be here.
Knowledge leads to wisdom which leads to power... so try not to be dumb.

Ptirhiik_

Post by Ptirhiik_ »

Hey guys, just keep cool, it is not a fight :). Ok the rules have been reminded, no need to be harsh ;).

mansuetus

Post by mansuetus »

Fun seeing new people having fight...

for the rules not to act as mod read there :
Rule 1.c
Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/rules.php" target="_blank

not on phpbb2.2 but I think it still applies here (even if imho, paul would prefer not having any rules and anyone acting as a dev/mod for himself :-) )

Love from Paris,
truly yours etc ;-)
me.
Petite publicité pour mon site : on présente des horoscopes qui tuent, on propose des tests,
et si tu cherches bien, tu verras même un phpBB :-)
viens sur spontex.org !